At Premium/GDS, we provide the most extensive top drive service and support worldwide. We have decades of experience with all makes and models of top drives and are the most reliable choice for top drive repair, rebuild, reapplication, and recertification. We offer a wide variety of services; field support, equipment repairs, preventative maintenance, testing, paint and more.
- Field Service
- Preventative Maintenance
- Dyno Testing
At Premium/GDS, we provide the most extensive top drive support worldwide. We are the only service organization in the industry that has decades of specialized experience with all makes and models of top drives – making Premium/GDS the most reliable choice for top drive repair, rebuild, reapplication, and recertification. Our expert field technicians offer responsive on-site service anywhere in the world. GDS fully complies with all industry licensing, including API Spec 8C (license number : 8C-0161).
FIELD SERVICE INCLUDES:
- Installation & Commissioning
- On-site Training
- Used Equipment Sales
- Preventative Maintenance
- Equipment Repairs (Catwalks, Service Loops, Pipe Handlers, and more)
- 24 Hour Support Line – +1 713-623-1449
TOP DRIVE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Worldwide field service support
- Top drive shop repair and major overhaul in our Houston facility
- Vertical run testing of top drive systems utilizing custom-designed dynamometer
- Preventative maintenance and operational support
- Strategic spare parts sales and planning
- Rig retrofit work for new and used systems
- Top drive packaging of all support components
- Unitizing top drive control systems
- Third party consulting
PREMIUM/GDS TOP DRIVE PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
Our preventive maintenance program assists the rig in preventing costly downtime. Our technicians utilize custom checklists based on the OEM’s original maintenance and inspection recommendations. Each grease point, oil check or change, filter replacement or other regular maintenance activity is inspected on a monthly basis. The execution of these activities by the crew is evaluated to identify possible training needs or hands on assistance by GDS. Percentage scores are generated by the Premium/GDS checklist to rate the rig on preventive maintenance performance.
Our technicians visit each rig twice per month. During these visits, technicians will complete checks according to the checklist. Recommendations are made for the rig and maintained in a Corrective Action Register to assist the rig with integrating these tasks into period of planned maintenance. The program is customized to promote recordkeeping of preventive maintenance activities and to collect performance data on the Top Drive. These top drive variables can be converted into visual graphs that provide trend monitoring capability. Customers receive a monthly summary report of all rig visits, including rig scores, corrective actions, and trend monitoring charts, as applicable.
Dynamometer testing for your complete Top Drive System. This service ensures your Top Drive is ready to go to work.
- Houston, TX facility
- Continuous rotating torque in excess of over 100,000 ft-lbs
- Experience testing 150-1,250 Ton Top Drives
- AC/DC and hydraulic Top Drive testing capabilities
- Trending capabilities for loaded rest run
- Digital diagnostics
- VFD and Gen Set on site
- Over 100 Ton lifting capacity
- Top Drive and Drawworks testing in parallel
- Self-erecting test stand
Portable Dynamometer Testing
- Versatile, in-mast or portable stand ability
- In excess of 30,000 ft-lbs rotating torque
- Preventative test after repair, pre-spud or after cold stack
- Units for rent in: United States, Middle East, and Russia
BLAST AND PAINT CAPABILITIES
We are industrial paint experts in the oilfield and pressure vessel industries.
- 2,000 sq ft indoor blast room with dust system
- 2,000 sq ft indoor filtered paint room with temperature control
- Extensive material handling capabilities
- 55,000 lb forklift for safe loading/unloading of product
- 25 Ton overhead cranes – 22 ft hook to floor
- All work is performed to customer-supplied specifications